Witty Wood comes from a wish, a desire to contribute to making the world a better place!
I strongly believe that a respectful education of children today will lead to a world of smart, harmonious and well- balanced adults.
To help children develop their autonomy means to respect them as individuals and give them the opportunities to express their full capabilities. This is the basis on which they will be able to build and reinforce their self-esteem, their confidence and their capacity to believe that they have an impact on events and that they can make a difference and change them.
We are above all parents, who, based on the study and teachings of the Ecole Nouvelle and of the recent discoveries in cognitive science, have selected specific items dedicated to life-learning, ones that are hand-crafted and that will allow children to develop their own human potential.
We offer hand-crafted items that have been carefully chosen and that offer the following:
- Highlight and develop self-esteem
- Develop at your own personal speed
Nevertheless, the material on its own is not sufficient. It is important to bear in mind that there is a specific way to present it which allows the child to use it to its full extent. All of this information can be found in the “Material”, “Context” and “Tips” sections.
Readings and Websites
In order to build the content of this website, here are the readings that we used and recommend to you:
- L’éveil de mon enfant, Chantal de Truchis
- Pour une enfance heureuse, Dr Catherine Gueguen
- El Niño, Maria Montessori
- Les étapes majeures de l’enfance, Françoise Dolto
- The activity books of Marie-Hélène Place
- La mente absorbente del niño, Maria Montessori
- Aid to life http://www.aidtolife.org
- Pikler internacional http://www.piklerinternational.com
- Association Montessori Internationale http://ami-global.org